Saturday, December 31, 2011

first exploration of the dessert...My Life List

So why the photo? I just liked it!
day 1
My Life List
I was inspired by a post at  Making in Lovely via The Mighty Life List

This is something that I have been thinking of doing for quite a while, but as I am a very good procrastinator, I need motivation and I do well when I put a list together and tick them off.

Therefore I decided that the last day of 2011 is the day to put these down and take charge of what I want to achieve in life. 

These things have been circling in my head for a very long time , I just needed some motivation to write them down... and what's better than putting them out there for all the world to see?

So here is my list:
Note: I want to get to 100, but so far this is what I have come up with.
The list is in no particular order
[the updated list can be found here]
  1. Create a blog of 'My Life List' and regularly update it (and hopefully more than myself reads it)
  2. Explore more Greek Islands. Go back to Santorini and see the sun set again. Go back to Naxos and have lunch & dinner at Kontos, Mikri Vigla
  3. Live in Italy for 6 months (preferably near Tuscany)
  4. Visit to Positano/Amalfi Coast
  5. Go on a safari in Africa
  6. Take my husband to Bangkok and show him why I love it
  7. Go see the Formula1 in Melbourne
  8. Go see the Formula1 in Monte Carlo
  9. Visit the Taj Mahal
  10. Go see Japan in Cherry Blossoms season
  11. Renovate a terrace in the inner west
  12. Create a blog about said renovations
  13. Have my current home/renovated home appear on Apartment Therapy/deecor8/etc
  14. Publish my city travel guides for my friends (so far I have New York, Bali, Bangkok)
  15. Help my husband write & publish ‘Sir Drinks-a-lot’ children’s book (hopefully it becomes a series)
  16. Learn how to take great photographs
  17. Escape to the country (when am over living in the city)
  18. Set up a greenhouse in the back yard to grow orchids
  19. Grow a veggie patch/orchard in back yard
  20. Live in a house with a conservatory
  21. Retire and open up a Bed and Breakfast (preferably in the country)
  22. Go on a global U2 pilgrimage for their next/any tour
  23. Have Bono take me up on stage (might as well dream BIG)
  24. Get U2 to play Love is Blindness at a concert we are at
  25. Put together my family tree (the Italian side)
  26. Get to my ideal weight and stay there
  27. Be completely debt-free (mortgage included)
  28. Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary
  29. Have a wall to ceiling  library in my house with a rolling ladder
  30. Choose a good cookbook and cook every recipe in it
  31. Learn how to bake cakes (and not blame the oven)
  32. Renew our wedding vows in Las Vegas (Elvis style)
  33. Buy a real Eames/Hand Wegner piece of furniture
  34. Visit/snorkel over the Great Barrier Reef/Helicopter over the love heart island
  35. Climb the Great Wall of China
  36. Take a road trip through the South of France
  37. Take a road trip through California and visit the Joshua Tree National Park, Palm Springs, San Francisco just to name a few
  38.  Do a floristry course and add more flowers to my life
  39. Watch the 100 Movies to See Before You Die
  40. Read Top 100 Books Of All Time
  41. See a real Banksy on the street
  42. Go to the Carnival in Brazil
  43. Live and work overseas for a year (plan for 2012 is New York)
  44. Decide whether or not we want to start a family
  45. Show people the amazing things about Sydney, Australia
  46. Pay off my credit cards in full and manage my funds a lot better than I have in the past
  47. Go to Egypt and see the pyramids
  48. Write a letter to Mrs. Kahler (my school careers advisor)
  49. Go to Disneyland 
  50. Sing Karaoke in front of a crowd
  51. Each much better (ie. less sugar, carbs and chicken and more fish and red meat)
  52. Wear Lipstick over consecutive days (preferably red)
  53. Master my mother's eggplant Parmigiana
  54. Try absinthe
  55. Buy a real Norman Lindsay artwork
  56. Make up for a regret and buy that Marc Chagal print 

I want to use this list as inspiration to do things that I have always wanted. Things will be crossed off and things will be added. If things don't get done then that is OK. I just want to make sure that I have a compass that guides me in the right direction and keeps inspiring me.

This blog will serve as a place where I put my thoughts down as to why I chose these goals, but also somewhere were I can record my amazing experiences... and hopefully there will be a lot.

So Happy New Year! Here's to a fun and exciting 2012... who knows what this year will bring?

UPDATE: The list has since updated and can be found at this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!