Sunday, January 8, 2012

#33. Buy a real Eames/Hand Wegner piece of furniture

I love interior design blogs.

It all started when I was researching ideas for a day bed we wanted to build for some wasted space in our lounge room. I stumbled across Apartment Therapy and I have been a daily AT reader ever since.
My replica Hans Wegner plank armchair that I scored for $150 [image by Zahara Dessert]

Via Apartment Therapy or via other blogs, I have found many sites that I religiously read.


Here are some blogs I have been inspired to follow for a number of different reasons... great house ideas or just sheer voyeurism:

Door Sixteen
The Known Universe
Decor8blog
Made by girl
Making it Lovely
Ikea Family Live
sfgirlbybay
Bright Bazaar
House Tweaking

The houses and interior design of sfgirlbybay and Door Sixteen I most aspire to. Their houses are just stunning. Filled with old fashioned charm and modern style. I love them so.

At the moment I am in awe of the timeless Danish designs of Hans Wegner and Charles Eames . However in Australia these original pieces are very rare and EXTREMELY expensive.

I understand all the issues with buying replicas and I don't like myself that I have quite a few replicas in our home, but when there is a store that sells this furniture so close to home I can't resist.

Matt Blatt was having a second sales recently and I managed to buy a replica Hans Wegner plank armchair (with two separate chair covers), a replica fiberglass Eames rocking chair and some replica Philippe Starck ghost bar stools all for $265 (there was only some slight damage).

But as this blog is titled 'Buy a real Eames/Hand Wegner piece of furniture', I am on a mission to purchase an authentic piece of Danish furniture.

Watch this space and hopefully I will have something amazing to show you very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!