Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chase Your Dreams



Print from Kikki-K
 Ever since I started writing Zahara Dessert this has become my unspoken mantra.

On December 31 2011, I decided to bite the bullet and put the list that had been bouncing around in my head on paper. Ever since then, I can't go a day without thinking about the list and how I can challenge myself to tick that next item off (or at least put a plan in place). I love doing this and I love 'chasing my dreams'.

As I have said before, my Life List is not ground breaking. Some people might find what I have on the list simple and un inspiring. Which is fine. This is my list and it is special to me. This is what I think about my blog also.

I use the blog as my space where I can talk about my list and log my achievements. But at the same time I want this blog to be a place where people read about my journey and come along for the ride.

My blog is very small. I have a few visitors pop by, they are mostly people searching for Eames furniture or Twihards wanting to look at pictures Edward Cullen's bedroom. But I would prefer people stopping by to read about my Life List adventures or look at the other random things I put on this blog.

I recently went to Nuffnang Blogopolis to learn what some very interesting people had to say about blogging. I actually learnt quite a lot. But what resonated the most to me (and for many others as well, judging by the many posts since the event) was the class on 'Finding your own voice and staying relevant'.

Do I have a voice?

I think I do. At the conference I learnt very quickly I don't have a niche I can categorise myself in. I am not a Mummy blogger. I am not a craft or fashion blogger. I am definitely not an Interior Design blogger (although I sometimes think I am). I don't have amazing insights to share with people (other than where you can go to shop and eat in Marrickville). I also would never call myself a writer or even a blogger.

But I do love writing this blog. I would be very happy if I could write this blog for a living and get paid to tick things off my Life List. But that is unrealistic. I do this because I love it and it makes me happy.

I think Zoey from Good Googs put it best in the comments in her recent blog post about 'finding your voice'... "I truly believe if you just keep writing and write things that make you happy, your voice will find you. And not fitting into a neat little box is not a bad thing. It's kind of a great thing".

1 comments:

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!